Sunday 4 March 2018

Poetry - I still have two Sunday newspapers


- Written years ago, and submitted to a competition, but publication required payment and you can't take the cash out of a Yorkshireman ;-)

Image result for sunday newspapers free image

I still have two Sunday newspapers

I still have two Sunday newspapers
and it's Thursday!

Tranquility and a chance to read them
Have drifted away.

Education, entertainment, information
Lay unread,

As another day's drudgery inspires
Only thoughts of my bed.




NE
My sister has made a fabric collage of her interpretation of the poem below as an unexpected Easter 2018 present. Thanks Sis!






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Municipal Tip

  Following the signs for Bowels of Humanity, we descend the corkscrew of apocalypse into the cradle of filth. We are beckoned forward by a ...